Saturday, January 22, 2011

I GOT IN!

So. Hi.

I really want to be that mellow, cool, blasé type of person, who can take any information with a gratious smile, and be the subject of everyone's admiration. But I'm sorry, I just can't be that person. I'm just too hyper to be blasé. Sometimes I accomplish a hyper-blasé, but the effect is often ruined by the fact, that my voice rises 3 octaves above my normal pitch when I'm excited.

So what, you might ask, am I so excited and un-blasé about? Well....

I GOT IN!

I am now a member of the Danish National Girl's Choir!

First of all, it's extremely hard to believe my luck. I just started in the Junior Choir about 1½ year ago, and some of the girls, whom I went to my audtion with, have been in the choir for 6 or 7 years! Second of all, I'll be leaving behind some of my very best friends in the world -- Dorte, Josefine and Sara. I just love those 3 girls so much! I'm sorry if I sound corny, but I really hope that these two different choirs won't tear us apart... But that won't be possible. I'll be holding on to them for dear life!

Of course I'm sad to leave behind the people I know. I start in the Girl's Choir on wednesday, armed only with 5 other nervous girls, a non-existant relationship with the girls in the Girl's Choir (which I will pretend to have), and my little, 15-year-old voice.

All I can say is this: I just hope I don't fuck up.

So, I'd like to raise a fictional glass to this small, personal victory of mine. To new experiences!

Here are some blissful, mellow, blasé to make up for what I lack.






















Thanks for listening,

I Am Roseberry

3 comments:

  1. Det er i orden. Du er SÅ blasé.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations again!
    -Sophie

    www.nuit-sansfin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wandergünder: Jeg siger mange tak - blasé er mit mål!

    Sophie: Thank you so much!

    - Carrie

    ReplyDelete